The following Terms and Conditions (in addition to the documents referred to in them) govern your use of our website and its related sites, services, applications, and tools. By using Harding Auto Services LTD you confirm that you both understand these Terms and Conditions and that you agree to abide by them. This document supersedes Terms and Conditions listed on all previously dated documents.
Please read the Terms carefully and if you do not accept the Terms, please do not use our website.
We may need to change the Terms from time to time for a number of reasons (including to comply with applicable laws and regulations, and regulatory requirements). Any minor or insubstantial changes may be made at any time and you are advised to review the Terms on a regular basis. The most up to date Terms will be available on the Website. All major changes will be notified to you in advance of such changes taking effect. If any change is unacceptable to you, you should cease using the Website and/or close your account. If, however, you continue to use the Website after the date on which the changes to the Terms come into effect, you will be deemed to have accepted those changes.
Reference to “you”, “your” or the “customer” is reference to any person using the Website or the services of Harding Auto Services or any registered customer of Harding Auto Services.
Information about Harding Auto Services Ltd
Who we are
You are contracting with Harding Auto Services Ltd, a company registered in England with Company Registration Number 5709143. The registered office is 17 Falmouth Close, Camberley Surrey. References to “Harding Auto Services”, “we”, “our” and “us” throughout the Terms and Conditions refer to this Company.
Our VAT registration
Our VAT Registration Number is GB 885589939
- Write to us at: Harding Auto Services, Units 4-6 Robin Hood Works, Robin Hood Road, Woking, GU21 2LX
Terms and conditions
- The completion of a booking, and the subsequent receipt of a confirmation email for a car service, MOT, repairs or any other service offering by Harding Auto Services Ltd constitutes a binding contract between the Customer and Harding Auto Services.
- All person(s) using either the Harding Autos website or calling Harding Auto Services by phone to make a booking should be at least 18 years of age and reside in the UK.
- Harding Auto Services Ltd shall provide the customer with detailed costing information of their car servicing before any work is started. All work and costs, including additional work following a garage survey, must be approved by the customer before said work is carried out.
- It is always the intention of Harding Auto Services to complete the Customer’s car service, MOT or repairs within 1 day. Sometimes – due to reasons beyond the control of Harding Auto Services – late delivery may be necessary. Should this be the case, the customer will be advised accordingly by a service advisor.
- All additional work is subject to VAT as required by UK law.All parts used will adhere to the vehicle manufacturers’ service schedules, and will be of OE quality – thereby ensuring all manufacturers’ warranties are validated.
- Harding Auto Services Ltd will fully support your vehicle’s service history. Upon completion of the service your vehicle’s service book will be stamped and if relevant, digital service records will be updated.
- All vehicle servicing performed by Harding Auto Services Ltd carries a 12-month (or 12,000 mile – whichever comes first) warranty. The warranty covers replacement parts – should they be defective – or related workmanship.
- The warranty is dependent on: Harding Auto Services Ltd being given an opportunity to investigate and rectify any faults within a reasonable timeframe; The manufacturer’s vehicle operating instructions being followed; Ensuring the vehicle is serviced at a frequency recommended by the manufacturer (for the relevant time and distance); Full compliance with Harding Auto Services Ltd advisories, warnings and information or any instructions provided by Harding Autos; The parts or workmanship performed by Harding Auto Services Ltd not being subjected to abnormal conditions or unreasonable wear and tear.
- Harding Auto Services Ltd does not accept any liability for damage, losses or theft resulting from the storage of customer vehicles at Harding Auto Services Ltd garage or customer parking area.
- As a customer, you are entitled to cancel a booking or request for additional work up until the day of your service. This can be done by contacting us on 01483 487 626.
- a) In special cases Harding Auto Services Ltd sometimes offer a free vehicle collection and delivery. The target vehicle collection and delivery time will be arranged with customer prior to collection and delivery of said vehicle. If your vehicle is undrivable then recovery will need to be arranged. If desired, Harding Auto Services can provide quotations for the cost of vehicle recovery from the nominated collection address. Alternatively, this can be arranged independently either with your insurance provider or a vehicle recovery company of your choosing. Vehicle recovery is not included within the free collection and delivery service.
b) Under new MOT test regulations – effective 20 May 2018 – a vehicle with defects classified as ‘dangerous’ may not be driven on public roads in England, Scotland or Wales unless corrective work is undertaken. If the defects remain unfixed, legally the vehicle may not be driven from the test centre either by Harding Auto Services Ltd – as part of prearranged delivery, or by the customer or any third party. The vehicle may be collected via a recovery service arranged either privately or via Harding Auto Services Ltd, at a cost to be incurred by the customer.
- In the event of a loan vehicle being offered to the customer for the duration of the service; this will be subject to the servicing garage’s insurance. If the event of a claim on the insurance, the customer will be liable to pay the excess on the claim. Before taking possession of the replacement/courtesy vehicle, the customer must agree to all terms and conditions of the said policy put in place by the servicing garage..
- Harding Auto Services Ltd shall not be held responsible for loss, theft or damage to item(s), valuables or monies contained within the vehicle for the duration of the contracted work – including vehicle collection and delivery.
- Harding Auto Services Ltd is not liable for any loss, damage or delay in the services it provides should such services be subject to: an act of God, industrial action such as strikes or government disputes, factors outside the control of Harding Auto Services Ltd.
- Where applicable – Harding Auto Services Ltd adhere to relevant Health & Safety legislation.
- By agreeing to these Terms & Conditions you are agreeing to the outlined service schedule for the relevant service – details of our service plans can be found here. Harding Auto Services Ltd will refer to your vehicle’s manufacturer service schedule, adding any additional item’s not included on our own service schedule as advisories. Items not included on our own service schedule may be subject to extra charges – these will only be conducted following permission.
- Should any complaint arise following car servicing performed by Harding Auto Services Ltd, all subsequent communications that are made concerning the resolution of the complaint should be restricted between Harding Auto Services Ltd and the customer.
- Harding Auto Services Ltd endeavours to resolve all disputes amicably and professionally within a 28-day period. Should the process of resolution take longer than this, Harding Auto Services Ltd will notify the customer accordingly. If a resolution to a dispute is not forthcoming via our internal procedure, please seek independent advice.
- Should a transaction exceed £1,000 – or should a fraud alert be raised – Harding Auto Services Ltd reserves the right to ask for payment to be made via BACS/CHAPS.
- Unless otherwise stated, all examples given on the Website are given in Pounds Sterling and are inclusive of VAT.